Tuesday, March 5, 2013

May I have the First dance?

     Well hello there...I created this blog.... like last year and never got around to actually posting anything up! how funny is that.. :-p
     So I thought I might as well start with something interesting other than just a hello for a first time post. :) I've always tried... to do a blog thingo... I tried like 3 times... made a couple of posts and then forgot about it... I"m so bad at things like that :) So this time.. I'm going to give it another go and really try and keep it going. :) I might post up pictures that I've taken or little drawing thingos... cause I like drawing in my spare time... or when my class is getting boring and I just want the lesson to end... he he :)

     Just making this short and sweet.. but I'd just like to encourage any fellow Christians out there to continue focusing your eyes on Jesus Christ our Heavenly Father who loves us.
Matthew 6:22-23 says, "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
  But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"
     That verse has stuck to me for a while and yesterday morning in my devotions, I was reading about the tower of Babel... which is found in Genesis chapter 11.
In verse 1 it says how the whole earth was of one language and one speech... pretty much they were united together with one focus, but then... they started taking their eyes off Jesus and in verse 4 it says, "...and let us make us a name." And because of that one purpose that they had.. to make a name for themselves, God scattered man across the face of the earth.
    This is what can happen to us Christians, to our church, to our relationships... when we start focusing on making a name for ourselves instead of making a name for God, in the end we will be scattered and separated.
Philippians 2:2-3 "Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."
      So remember guys... keep your eyes on Jesus Christ. Following Jesus isn't a bed of roses, it's hard, it's prickly and uncomfortable sometimes... but in the end, our reward shall be great. :)
That's all from me... have an awesome week :)


1 comment:

  1. Good on ya, Barb!! It is a lot of fun, and it's great to encourage others :) Sometimes you forget that you have a blog (lol, like me! :P) but, it is really wonderful to be able to encourage others and share with them "A Little Bit of This, and a Little Bit of That"! :)
    Love ya!
    God bless, Rachie :) <3

    ReplyDelete